For me, the highlight of 2008 was the birth of my gorgeous grandson, Callum, in February.
But 2008 hasn't been good to everyone. Lost jobs, shrinking savings, stock market fraud, failed mortgages, reposessed homes. War in Iraq, war in Afghanistan. Lets hope 2009 is more hopeful.
I'm welcoming the New Year with open arms. Why? Lots of reasons.
- The annual Robbie Burns Supper in January. I'm on the potato peeling team again.
- Watching Callum learn and grow. He'll have his first birthday in February. Should it be chocolate cake or vanilla?
- Our 49th Music Mania Variety Show at the end of April. I'm Co-Producer this year.
- Learning to enjoy living on my own. The Space Cadet is no more. In orbit somewhere.
- More travel... I haven't decided where yet.
- 2009 is the year of decluttering the house. More on this ambitious enterprise later in the year.
- And the best of all..... another grandchild is on the way! YoungerSon and The Bride are expecting a brand new family member in May. Whoopee! Just call me Nana x 2.