Twenty nineteen is definitely here, and it's time to look forward to the year ahead.
My New Year Resolutions? Well, if I tell you, I'll have to make sure I complete them, so by keeping secret I have a way out. But I do have a list of Hopes and Possibilities.
- I'll be peeling potatoes and mashing turnips and heating up the haggis as usual for the Robbie Burns Night in January. DONE. The Robbie Burns Night was a great success, and the potatoes and turnips were delicious, of course.
- I'm taking an acrylic art course on Wednesday evenings for the next 8 weeks. I'm hoping for some improvement with my ideas, designs, colour management, brush work.... well, improvement in everything really. DONE. or at least started.
- Planning to go to Aquafit at the local pool. First I have to pick up the weekly swimming schedule to find out the days and times. DONE. Picked up the schedule but haven't gone to Aquafit yet.
- If I'm going to Aquafit, I'll need a new swimsuit. The necessary elastic has definitely lost it's reliability in the current model.
- Drink more water. Not at Aquafit though.
- Summer holiday? Lots of possibilities. Rent a cottage on a lake? I've always fancied a trip to Iceland. Perhaps this is the year. Or Britain to visit cousins?
- Walk more, and use the car less.
- I want a robot vacuum cleaner. Any recommendations?
- Finish a quilt that I started 18 months ago. DONE! Finished.
- Finish another quilt that I started 14 years ago. (Don't hold your breath on that one.)
- I'm thinking about a renting a plot in the community vegetable garden. But that sounds like hard work, all that digging and weeding. The jury's still out on that one.
Happy New Year to my Blog friends.... and keep Blogging despite all the competition from the likes of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. and all those other social media thingummyjigs that I have no idea how to use.