Friday 8 May 2020

Pink

I have taken a different direction with creativity this week. As everyone is aware, our hospital staff and care workers are in desperate need of PPE.... that is personal protective equipment. A friend has been organizing women with sewing machines into an army creating some of the garments that are needed.
I have been sewing scrub caps for nurses.... so far have sewn 24 of them this week. No quilting projects on the go right now so I have been using up my stash of baby quilting fabric.
Each cap has a little bit of elastic sewn into the back to keep it snug. I ran out of elastic, so I put the word out that I needed more... and the sewing community provided! Now I have more than enough elastic, but I'm fast running out of fabric. I may have to send out another SOS.
Yes, it's all extremely undeniably over-the-top pink! I hope the nurses like pink.

18 comments:

  1. THat is good of you. Sue has made a few masks for our use, sans sewing machine and even proper elastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have outfitted my family and some friends with fabric masks too.

      Delete
  2. My wife has made and donated almost three hundred masks and a good many scrub caps too. We all need to do what we can do. You effort is very laudatory. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of free time at home right now, so might as well use it to do some good in this weird world!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful way to keep busy and help out. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice way to help those on the frontline. Every little bit helps, your effort is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to make some more scrub caps, just need some more fabric.

      Delete
  5. Bravo indeed. And I am sure the staff will love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front line hospital workers are definitely heroes.

      Delete
  6. I think they will love them, even the male nurses. In fact on the male nurses they will probably cause some much needed smiles.. well done Shammi 💜💙

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of masks I’m sure are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that you are able to help out in this way. I am sure the recipients really appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sent 100 scrub caps to the hospital this week. I'll make a few more next week.

      Delete
  9. Well done I bet they will really appreciate them. I'm sure they don't really care about the colour and are more concerned with staying safe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Generous effort on your part, pink et al.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have been busy. I am glad people are helping out. the front line staff at hospitals and nursing homes are in the most danger.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..