Tuesday 11 September 2012

Getting Creative


I've recently applied for a table to sell some of my Baby Quilts at the local Arts and Crafts sale to be held in November. It is the annual fundraiser for the town Art Gallery. I haven't been told if my work will be accepted yet, but now that summer's over (almost! it's still sunny and warm out there!) it's time to get back to the sewing machine.
Pretty pinks and white, just right for a sweet baby girl.  Just a couple more pinwheel blocks to sew and then I'll start putting it all together.
I love the combination of all these assorted blues, and the tiny red and yellow squares give it that "POP" that it needs.
The fabric collection is Ten Little Things by Jenn Ski for Moda Fabrics.  I love the owls.... and the trucks and traffic signs..... I wish I had more of this fabric!  It's just right for a baby boy.

These projects will show up on my Etsy shop as soon as they are completed.

7 comments:

  1. I saw this post pop up while I was going through my Google Reader, Sham. Brava to you for all your creative AND COLORFWUL energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very exciting stuff, my dear....I think it's great that you will be showing these lovely sweet quilts in a number of places...!

    This is my 3rd try with these verification things...!!!!!

    4th try!!

    5th try!!!!!!

    PLEASE USE COMMENT MODERATION---Now On My 6th try!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serious question - Do you do adult-size quilts? If so, do you have an idea of price? The thought just struck me that a nice homemade quilt might be something I'd like to give someone as a gift, and your work is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!! Did I tell you I started my 1st real quilt? I finished quilting the sandwiches a few months ago but have been intimated with the binding so it's been waiting for me to get the courage to do that since May or June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Shammickite. Well done - Dave

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work Shammie.
    I know your business will take off.
    The last quilt is darling. I love the cars and owls.
    It reminds me of a quilt my Mother in Law made for my boys many years ago.
    I still have it and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, my Canadian friend also quilts. I'm going to have to tell her about your blog.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..