Wednesday, 3 July 2019

Fire!

A couple of weeks ago there was a distinct smell of smoke in the air. This is the result.

Photo: Metroland Media.
Thankfully, nobody was hurt, everyone got out in time. Two families have lost their home and the landlord has lost his investment. According to the Fire Marshal, the fire started on the front porch and probably smouldered all night, a case of careless disposal of a cigarette. So be careful, all you smokers..... make certain your cigarettes are out. Better still, don't smoke!

7 comments:

  1. It could have been so much worse. So glad I never got hooked on cigarettes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a painful lesson, despite the fact it could have been so much worse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When smoking leads to smokey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh how awful 😱 such a shame, I can't imagine how that would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. People should just not smoke. They were lucky no one died.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a shame...thankful to the firefighters!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..