Sunday 5 July 2020

Art Room Overhaul

I had some new windows installed this week, and so that the window chaps had room to work, some furniture had to be moved.
Arrrgh look at the dirt that was revealed! So of course when the workmen had finished, a form of frantic spring cleaning began. 
The worst was my Art Room. And I have so much Art Stuff scattered about, so it was time for a general tidying up.  And this is just a small portion of the Art Stuff. There's more on the floor in the next room.


I rearranged the table and the computer desk, sorted the Art Stuff into bins, all used paper to the recycling box, pens in one container, pencils in another. Paint brushes stowed away where I can find them. Records of sold paintings all filed in a binder. Artist quality acrylic paint in one bin, cheap Walmart grade paint in another. A lino cut bin. A gelli print bin. A watercolour paint and paper bin. And another bin for sketch books.
It looks great! I am so pleased with myself!

18 comments:

  1. It looks great - and of course you are pleased with yourself.
    Isn't it horrendous when something (and it is often the appearance of tradesmen) makes you realise just how filthy parts of your home is. Last time the fridge repairman came I wanted to hide...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those nasty dust bunnies sneak in when you're not looking.

      Delete
  2. there is nothing like a fresh start...
    I hate doing it but am so, so happy when it's finished.
    Your room will be so nice to work in now.
    Enjoy your windows too.
    We had a nice quiet stay at home "celebration". I pitted and sliced over 300 plums to get ready to make some no cook jam...Think I will do it later today..too hot right now to do much of anything.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plum jam oh that would be wonderful on home made bread for breakfast!

      Delete
  3. You got it all sorted, now you know where everything is and it will be easier to find when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now all I need is some inspiration! I wonder where I could find that???

      Delete
  4. Hard work pays off. Bet it will make it so much easier to keep track of things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as I remember where I stored everything.....

      Delete
  5. It's good to get things done, but I am not very good at getting to that point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes determination and perseverance. Procrastination is so much easier!

      Delete
  6. I am quite convinced that from time to time we all some event like windows being replaced or hardwood flooring being installed to compel us to undertake that long overdue cleaning. Thank goodness it only happens once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I find arty things among the hardest to sort out and organize, so you did well. I haven't painted anything for a few years now, but I still have all my bits and pieces so hopefully one day I might get started again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like organization. I feel uncomfortable in clutter.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the info on my Dragonfly. I think you nailed it.
    We mostly see blue ones and an occasional brownish type. This one was so beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tidying up is an art form in itself - and one that I've sadly never mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You may have inspired me to clean my woodworking shop

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always a good felling when you organise all your stuff. I need to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! Wonderful feeling of accomplishment, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..