Wednesday 1 July 2020

Canada Day 2020

July 1 - Canada Day!
But this year will be a very different celebration.
The annual outdoor concert featuring Canadian talent on Parliament Hill in Ottawa isn't going to happen. I think there are all sorts of virtual happenings planned via the internet but I probably won't tune into it.
Our small town celebrates Canada's birthday with an annual 4 day Strawberry Festival.... yes, it's cancelled for 2020.
The only fireworks lighting up the sky will be in people's back yards. No big displays are planned due to the Covid-19 physical distancing rules keeping people apart.
I'll be celebrating at home, but I'll wear my Canada T-shirt and sing O Canada to wish my adopted country a Very Happy 153rd Birthday!

Virtual Canada Day | Wed, Jul 1, 2020, 10:00 am @ Online ...

And I hope Canada Day 2021 is an improvement over 2020.  Stay safe and stay healthy and enjoy the day!

12 comments:

  1. We live in a small town in western Maine and our Independence Day is usually celebrated with a strawberry festival and a parade: mainly tractors and fire trucks. None of that will be happening this year. I am not sure about the fireworks - they are set off in the middle of a lake and could be watched from automobiles.
    We are fine with staying home.

    But Congratulations on Canada Day. I know we are the annoying relatives you feel you have to put up with; but we love you guys.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a bummer isn't it? We all love our annual birthday party! Thanks for the good wishes, yes, we love you too, although we are rather glad you are all having to stay south of the border right now!

      Delete
  2. Not the usual Canada Day for sure, but I will dig out my Canada tee at some point. Like you, I will probably not get into the virtual celebrations, which are hard to scroll past on FB right now. So many notices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a good day, wave the flag and thank our lucky stars that we live in the best country in the world!!!!!

      Delete
  3. Happy Canada Day! However you celebrate it. Our Fourth will be eerily quiet. But I'll still celebrate. Somehow or other

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Fourth to you .... Enjoy it without all the usual fuss and bother.

      Delete
  4. We are celebrating with family. It’s perfect! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy Canada Day to you and yours. With hopes that it marks a turning point for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy Canada Day to you.
    The way things will be celebrated this year for both of our countries won't be as much fun but we can sing out loud in our own place to our hearts content. (:0)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoyed your home celebrations :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've realised we don't have a United Kingdom day. I feel I'm missing out on the fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..