Thursday 24 December 2020

Almond Crescents and Holiday Greetings

I haven't done much baking this Christmas due to nobody available to do the eating. Thanks, Mr. Covid!  But I did make almond crescents. Blogger Boud sort of challenged me to post pictures. She made some and they looked really good so here are mine. Not perfect but soooooo delicious! A definite Christmas tradition in my house.

I'll be on my own this Christmas Day, but that's OK with me. I spent 4 crazy days with YoungerSon and family last week and we had our Christmas dinner and party around the tree, presents, and chocolates and board games and Pass-the-Parcel and Consequences (gotta play those games every Christmas or it's not a proper Christmas). Great fun.

I'll be seeing OlderSon and family on Christmas Day for a physically distanced dog walk (weather permitting, there's a nasty storm headed this way) and perhaps we can sit in the garage and enjoy coffee and some of the famous almond crescents and exchange gifts. A weird Christmas, but necessary. The whole Province of Ontario is going into Covid lockdown for 28 days starting on Boxing Day. Infection numbers are steadily rising and hospitals are filling up. The vaccine is on order and I can't wait for my turn. So we have to be sensible and follow the rules.

Meanwhile..... happy holiday season to everyone, whether you can be with your loved ones or apart.... whether you celebrate Christmas or not.... and let's keep our hopes up for a Covid-free, peaceful and healthy 2021!

19 comments:

  1. And a Very Merry Christmas to you too. It definitely won't be "normal" this year.
    We are going to our son's for dinner tonight and tomorrow they come to our home for breakfast, gifts, marathon grazing, games, dinner. We're all in the same "bubble" so at least some of us can be together.
    Praying that this next year will find us better and moving forward.
    (((hugs)))
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a lovely family time together. Marathon grazing is a good way to pass the time at Christmas!

      Delete
  2. It sounds as if you're having as much fun as you can under the circs. Good for you. It's Boud, at least the screen name. In rl it's Liz. But you may call me Your Majesty...
    The almond crescents look very good. Now that I've eaten a couple of my own, I find I really like them. Maybe they'll be repeated next Christmas. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well, I corrected your name, sorry!
      My recipe book tells me that the almond crescents are Hungarian.

      Delete
  3. Those look good.

    Merry Christmas to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those almond crescents look good!!!!
    A tried and true recipe would be appreciated in the fullness of time.
    I love that you are making the very best of this definitely odd Christmas.
    Merry Christmas - and I hope the vaccine comes your way quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very odd times, and the vaccine can't arrive quickly enough.
      I'll send the recipe.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Fenella! A strange Christmas indeed, but I hope you enjoy every minute of it. When you get back to Newfoundland for a visit we need to plan a walk or short hike. Fingers crossed for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Merry Christmas to you too. I have great hopes for 2021.... both for a vaccine and a trip to St Johns. But we will have to wait and see. Stay safe!

      Delete
    2. Yes, those almond crescents look soo good!
      Let's hope for our happy New Year,2021.Shammickite.

      Delete
  6. Merry Christmas. I think the rain is over, so your walk should be okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All the best for the New Year. If we all do what is needed during this latest lockdown, combined with the vaccine, may we can finally wrestle COVID to the ground,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the visual image of wrestling Covid to the ground. Once down, I shall jump up and down on him to make sure he stays there!

      Delete
  8. Your crescent cookies were delicious. Thanks so much. Also had some figs supplied by Denise. Never had them before but were good. Happy New Year Fen. Will see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Almond Crescents were always favorites of mine but I haven't made them for years.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..