Sunday 15 November 2009

I Know It's Only November, But.......

..... we are already well into rehearsals for our Christmas Variety Show.

This is the first time we have staged a Christmas Show. Our annual variety show is always at the end of April, and in 2010 we are planning a special show to celebrate 50 years of locally produced entertainment in this town. No doubt you'll be hearing more about it on this blog!

So I've hauled the faithful Singer sewing machine out onto the dining room table and we are starting to plan costumes.... lots of sparkle required of course.

And don't forget we all need Santa hats! We'll be singing some fun Christmas favourites, nothing too serious, our dancers are looking good in their "Santa Baby" outfits, and our skit crew are (we hope) practising at being funny.
The tickets are printed for both shows, 7:00pm and 9:00pm, and the posters will be going up around town next week.

The two shows will be staged in our brand new Arts and Entertainment Centre, Nineteen On The Park. It's just a little theatre with 138 seats, but it's perfect for our needs for this Christmas show.
Want a couple of tickets? I'll save some for you.......

13 comments:

  1. Warm greetings fron snowy Finland to you, Fenella!
    I wish you and grandchildren are doing well.
    We have got 6th grandchildren 3.11 :)
    He is a lovey small boy, Melli`s little brother. Melli doesn`t always understand, why her mother is not anymore only for her. Baby is peaceful, eat and sleep as a new born always do.
    I have put already candles and different kind of lights in the middle of darkness even snow is making landscapes lighter here.
    Every kind of good things to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it sounds like GREAT Fun! And I bet you all have a wonderful time getting ready for it. There is nothing like putting on a show! The comraderie and the joy of performing...It can't be beat for having a Great Time!
    I love that you can make all sorts of things for the show with your trusty Sewing Machine! BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure wish I could be there. Its just a bit too far for us. You are very talented to be sewing the costumes. They definitely need to be sparkely

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouuuu! i can't wait to see what you make with that sparkly material!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glitz and glitter. You're going to have another fun time of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! Yes, it's only November but already we hear Christmas carols in the stores, christmas trees and all the trimmings.
    I still have an old singer sewing machine too (it's covered in dust!) LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to be a handy lady at the sewing machine, Sham...and may have to become handy again in my next life...but I can only admire you now for what you go through for all these shows. You clearly are having a blast. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could go; it sounds like you always have such a good time!

    I imaging skit people don't need practice to be funny, but instead, they go through their routines to discover that they can't say this because they'll get sued, and they can't say that because they'll get fired, etc. I'll bet if you could get your hands on an unedited practice reel, it would be VERY funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd come if I was closer!

    Happy blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am actually feeling the Christmas spirit now and I am also excited for our upcoming Christmas Masquerade Ball. I wish I can wear something sparkly hehehheh

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could go....i can hardly wait for photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are busy indeed. We are doing our Christmas show December 5, and we have lots of work to do yet to be ready.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..