Thursday 30 April 2015

Arty Stuff

The local Gallery holds a Juried Art Exhibition every spring and invites artists in the area to submit works in whatever form they use.... paintings, photography, fiber arts, sculpture, etc. Three jurors, usually artists or gallery curators, look over all the submissions and choose the pieces to display.

Here are some of this year's winners. I loved everything on display, except one painting (not shown). And this is just a small sample of the paintings I liked.

I'd be happy with any one of these hanging on my wall.







It's quite amazing to me, that there are so many talented artists in this area.

8 comments:

  1. Those are all wonderful pieces. The social media one is clever and unique! Hard to pick a favorite...maybe the 1st one with the water lilies. But I also really like the modern one with what looks to me like planets and an interstellar thingamabob.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the lily pads and the bright leaves. But my favorite is the rabbit!!! Wow, I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Will you let us know who won and show the picture?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Each painting worked on my imagination. The rabbit reminded me of a Japanese folktale. My favorite is the lily pads and reflections on the pond.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would be the rabbit for me, what a fantastic picture.
    The artist is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm surprised they let you take photos there. I tried to once and had "my wrists slapped." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see why these were chosen...what a great display of talent.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..