Monday 27 February 2017

More Abstract

This time it's collage.
We had fun cutting and tearing strips of paper and glueing them down to make a picture or a composition, or just a pretty pattern. I ended up with so much glue on my finger tips that they started to stick together. I guess I'm not a very tidy collage artist.
I wish I had taken photos of all the finished work, there were some really imaginative designs.
I've learnt that pages torn from the National Geographic Magazines (known as the yellow peril) are the best for collage... good quality paper and lots of great colours, especially providing a variety of gorgeous blues if you're doing a seascape. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the glow of yellow when yard sale season starts again.

No National Geographic in this one, just plain coloured papers ripped up and glued to red card.
I call it "Rough Sea at Sunset". It' looks best if you squint your eyes. Or perhaps close them completely??? Pinned to my garage door at the moment.

Beach grass? Cactus in the desert? Prairie grasses under a summer sky?
Whatever it is, it was fun to create. 
I love the look of pictures made from paper collage. I have far to go in this form of creating art, but if you want to see an expert at work, have a look at the work of Scottish collage artist Dawn Maciocia. This is gorgeous:


14 comments:

  1. I love the layering you put into your work Shammickite. Also enjoyed the video you added.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,Shammic,
    They are all lovely.
    I like the second one. Looks like the colorful water grass are swaying,playing together underwater.
    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are far too modest Shammi, the two collages here are super cool, love the seascape. Sometimes I think we don't value our own work enough. I did an abstract painting, red poppies, for my sister in law, she loves it and tells me that all her visitors admire it.. yet when I visit I get so embarrassed and beg her to take it down 😊😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Beautiful! What would the world be without artists?

    I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are super creative. I love these collages. I wish you were closer. I have a stack of National Geographic and just threw out another stack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! The second one looks like giraffe necks swaying in the breeze as they reach up high to eat leaves off the trees.

    Video was cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed beautiful! Thank you for sharing about the art of collage.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i enjoy abstract arts.
    This is beautiful!
    let your inner child play and see what he brings out of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely, its great when you find a hobby you enjoy. Practise, practise, practise and you never know, you may get as good as Dawn Maciocia.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Very beautiful collages, Shammi!
    You are really an artist and you have much talent and creativity too!
    I like the video and the music of the video is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love paper collages! your's are really fun!
    Sorry I've been away for so long. Hoping I'll be around a little more regularly.
    Looking forward to reading about your adventures when you're back in April.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..