Sunday 23 July 2017

Juried Art Show 2017

The local Art Gallery holds a Juried Art Show each year in the spring, and artists all over Ontario are invited to submit their work. A panel of experts..... well, people who know about such things, I don't really know how they qualify as experts...... decide which works will be on display. It's only a small gallery so not everything will end up on the walls.
Here are just a few of the works that I really liked. But sadly I didn't note all of the titles or the names of the artists.



This was a depiction of Bingham Canyon Mine, Utah, the largest open pit copper mine in the world.

Life of the Ocean by Vicky Talwar. Acrylic and mixed media 36"x48"
Collage.... many printed images combined to make one large image.  I wish I had made a note of the artist.
Some more images to come.....

9 comments:

  1. Fascinating. I am definitely looking forward to more - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good pictures. I didn't realise you had an artistic streak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work! Love each piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to like the second one best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures!! I particularly like the last one. Very thrilling.
    Have a good day,Shammic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful art, it's beautiful! I especially like the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like them all, and love the last one. All that detail is amazing.
    I wish I had the talent and/or vision to do any of them. Alas, I have neither.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..