Saturday 17 September 2016

Rain

Rain, rain, go away,
Come again another day.


This is the first really rainy morning for a long time. I woke to the sound of raindrops pounding on the roof and the swish of tires on wet roads.. I sat out on the covered part of the deck, staying dry, drinking my morning coffee, and watching the raindrops fall. It's been a hot, hot summer, and a cool damp morning is so welcome.

It's raining, it's pouring,
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed
And bumped his head
And couldn't get up in the morning.

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to have you morning coffee. Enjoy the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are usually in drought, so I welcome the rain whenever it arrives. Love the freshly washed look (and smell).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certainly needed. Apparently, we got more rain after 1PM yesterday than in the previous 26 days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Shammie!
    Looks nice to wake with the sound of raindrops!
    Love the photo of your deck and I wish I coul be there with you, drinking a cup of coffee, watching the raindrops fall and talking, talking...
    Beautiful the trees out of your fence.
    Wishing you all have a Happy Sunday.:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ops: I mean "I wish I could be there with you..."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like to do that too.
    I truly hope we get some rain this year to fill our lakes and put out the wild fires.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've just described my favourite kind of morning Shammi 😊

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..