Or did you do what I did, stay in the warm, and collapse into bed at around 11:00pm, and wake up ready to face a new day and a new year?
I spent New Year's Eve doing what I love to do best, relaxing with my family. We enlisted the help of grandchildren to complete a really complicated 550 piece "Where's Waldo" jigsaw puzzle, then we played a few hands of Isaac's new Skip-Bo card game, trying to learn the rules.
A movie from 2003, "Daddy Daycare", kept the kids laughing at the antics of Eddie Murphy and Jeff Garlin running a disastrous daycare, while YoungerSon skipped out into the freezing cold weather to bring home a tray of assorted sushi from the local Maki Sushi restaurant.
Sushi in front of the fireplace, then an early Netflix New Year's countdown for the kids at around 8:30pm. After standing on the bed and watching the New Year fireworks from the bedroom window (too damn cold to watch in the park), the kids were tucked into bed and sleeping by 9:00pm, and I was at home getting into in my jammies by 9:45! A successful New Year's Eve!
HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! New Year Resolutions? Well, I'm not telling much but I know there are a few things planned on my list:
- Robbie Burns night in January.... I'll be peeling spuds, mashing neeps, and heating up the haggis as usual. DONE! and it was a great evening.
- Hip replacement surgery later in January. Now I'll have a matching set. And this time it will be a new procedure, DAA, Direct Anterior Approach, which will allow faster recovery than the previous method. Or so I've been told. DONE!
- Broadway show "Come From Away" in Toronto in April.... I already have my precious ticket pinned to the fridge so I don't misplace it. DONE! It was a terrific show.
- Concert trip to Scotland in July with the local men's chorus "Men of Note". And a possible week or two in England too, if I can arrange it. DONE! A week in England then 2 weeks in Scotlad, and then a week in Newfoundland!
- Four dates for local art exhibitions... not sure if I'll have enough pieces for display but I'll try. Better start painting. And I actually sold a painting! I was dead chuffed.