Monday 5 July 2010

Flash Mob!

Wikipedia describes a Flash Mob as a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then disperse.

We did exactly that on Saturday, and I can't begin to tell you how much fun it was!

We rehearsed on two Friday evenings for a couple of hours at a local dance studio, and then we assembled at our little theatre at the alloted time for a final runthrough. The Strawberry Festival crowd out on Main Street didn't know what a treat they were in for.

Here's the official video. I'm in a black Tshirt and white capris and visible at 0.38, 0.55 and 2.32 into the dance.



And here's the unofficial video. and I'm at 0.33, 1.12 and 2.07. Just look for the red hair and sunglasses.



This was the most fun that you can have in a public place and not get arrested!

14 comments:

  1. Organized mob!! great choreography...it does look like fun, but i'll be if you did that down here, you WOULD be arrested. Having fun without a permit!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the COOLEST things I've seen! I literally got goosebumps watching you and your friends and fellow flash mobbers perform! I wish I was there to watch it. I wanna see a flash mob happen one day. I just love the idea and think you are so cool being involved in that. Go Shammie!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya'll having fun there. Looks warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that looks so cool. I can't show my daughter though as she'd have us on the first plane to Canada! She just loves things like "Flash Mob" but I don't think there is anything quite like it here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks like ir was GREAT GREAT Fun...! I enjoyed both videos very much. That is some very complex Choreography...WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of fun! I'm thinking you must have a ton of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is purely magnificent! Fun for you, fun for those who get to see such organized insanity - just wonderful all around!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great! Love seeing you dancing! You have a good energy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How FUN!! I would be terrified to try such a thing, but it looks like you all had a great time. It's good, clean, fun, and I would love to see more of that happening all over the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Naomi! Awesome video and I like the choreography. Flash mobs fascinate me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Sham. You've really got the moves. YOU GO, GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched both videos and would have loved to see them live. Hopefully it was not as warm as it is here. Now, how do you remember all the steps of the choreography ? it looks complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun stuff, Shammie. I've never witnessed a flash mob but would get such a kick out of it if I did. Even more so to be a part of one. Good for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks like so much fun. I found you and Lady, you've got your groove on!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..