Sunday 11 February 2007

Mmmmm - Marmalade

Finally, after phoning at least six other grocery stores in the neighbourhood, I found Seville Oranges in our local supermarket. These bitter oranges are only available in Canada at this time of year, and make the very best marmalade. These probably come from California, not Seville! Lots of prep time required, cutting, slicing, squeezing, boiling, making the whole house smell of oranges.
But the finished product is worth it!

A welcome taste of sunshine in the depths of winter.
Next project is lemon/lime marmalade.... watch this space!

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm-man that Mmmmm-marmelade looks Mmmm-mighty Mmmmmm-magnificent! Yum-mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you send me some? Those look yummy!
    Beautiful photo as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just looking at that beautiful bright color warms me up!! I bet it tastes just as good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that looks so good. I'm the only one in my family that likes it. That's alright with me. Its more for my toast.
    Your photos really capture the jewel like tones of the marmalade.
    Can't wait to see the lemon-lime pics.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No marmelade is like homemade. You got it exactly the way you prefer, and you know in detail (but for the oranges?) what it consists of.

    With the pictures here, it looks so fabulous delicate.

    =^.^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love marmalade....I am so bake/cooking challenged...i just go to the market and choose the brand I want...certainly not good stuff....the colors on the fruit is computer screen touchable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm usually not a fan of marmalade, but these just look YUMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for your kind comments. Come over for breakfast, it'll be home-made multigrain bread toasted, just a little scraping of butter or low-cal margerine if you prefer, and a big dollop of marmalade!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, glory be....that looks delicious! health-giving, too. oh, yum! imagining this on a fresh slice of multigrain toast with butter!!! can't wait to see the lemon-lime!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will only use Saville oranges too. They're worth the wait!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..