Saturday 2 February 2013

On the Carpet

Only four blog posts for January. Very bad of me! I should be hanging my head in shame. And I had such high hopes for myself posting on this blog for 2013.... just bone lazy I suppose. And the lack of inspiring topics too.
But February is going to be a different story. You can look for a new post EVERY TWO DAYS! (wonder if I'll make it?)
An auctioneer acquaintance often sells Persian rugs in his auctions, and today he held a grand sale in the local community hall.... everything reduced price, with the unsold items being auctioned off at the end of the day.
They're not everyone's cup of tea of course, but I already have a couple of these colourful decorative rugs, and I love them. So I bought one. Tribal, wool, hand woven, probably from the 1940s.
At half price including the dreaded 13% HST, when you see one you like, you have to go for it!

8 comments:

  1. I do like these rugs and the one you choose is really pretty.
    I have missed your posts but I have been pretty lazy myself.
    Sometimes the inspiration just isn't there...
    Looking forward to seeing what life puts in your lap to blog about. (:0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely rug you bought, my dear. I'm not partial to Persian, but I deeply appreciate the beauty of detail that goes into the making of these rugs.

    It feels like things have slowed down in the blog world...I have been having quite a time learning my new computer---so, I haven't been around much either.

    I would LOVE to see "LIFE OF PI" with you...Do go see it, my dear. You won't be sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings from our winter and from me too :)
    It seems that you have in this moment more frost as we have, what about snow there?
    Is Callum already a good skier? Melli can ski and skate quite well now.
    All the best for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like a genie to come with one and grant me 3 wishes.

    You could start a new blog post meme trend..."on the carpet" ...what do you have on your carpet? A coffee table? a pet? shoes lined up neatly?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you, Sham. It's very hard to resist anything at half price if you really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, my wife would have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful rugs. You bought a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely rug! I'm a rug nut, alas. I go for what I like, and it's almost never resaleable at anything close to the price I pay. Still, I love them.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..