Friday 18 January 2008

Five things...

Xtreme English tagged me to do one of these crazy memes that are going around.
I'm supposed to name five things in my current life that I never dreamed would be in my future when I was 25 years old. Then I have to tag five other people who, hopefully, will do the same and report back! OK... let's go! (be warned, it's pretty boring)

Thinking back to when I was 25, I had been married for 4 years, I had emigrated to Canada and was living in Toronto, a very long way from my family in England.
  • At 25, I couldn't imagine how my life would change with the responsibility of children, but OlderSon was born the following year, and YoungerSon followed a few years later. And I managed fine. My family has grown. I have two gorgeous daughters-in-law. A bouncy grandpuppy, two grandkitties and two grandhorses. And a beautiful grandbaby about to make his/her debut. Yippee!
  • International travel was non-existent during my childhood, so I never throught I would see the wonderful places I have visited... Egypt, Israel, France, Greece, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, USA... the list goes on.
  • I didn't imagine working for the same company until retirement, but I did.
  • I certainly didn't envision having a computer of my own, or a fax machine, or a cell phone, or playing video games, or being able to communicate with people all over the world via the magic of the Internet.... all futuristic technology back in 1970.
  • As children, my friends and I would wonder if we would be alive when 1999 turned into 2000. It seemed so far in the future. But here I am, I survived Y2K and I intend to stay around for quite a few more years.

I'm not tagging anyone to do this... if you want to take up the challenge , please do!

9 comments:

  1. interesting facts! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ex-Shammy....That's great! It just goes to show there is at least one happy person willing to do this meme. Moving to another country is a huge leap. Devon's loss is Canada's gain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Ex-Shammickite, it's nice to see you're back and blogging. I liked that meme, and would do it myself, only I could probably copy and paste at least 3 of yours. If i think of something new I might.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again,As extreme just said, this particular meme if I did it, it would be very similar to yours I think.
    Thanks for comments on my blog, it seems so far that most bloggers I know agree with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again, Sorry I meant as dabrah said.Me I'm going ruddy senile I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!!!!!
    Yes you got even over 1999/2000 heh? what a strage things can one think when you are youngh, Nice to knowing more of you...

    Look at my 'adventures" with Ios my dag and more..in Amsterdam....

    Have a great weekend,

    JoAnn (Holland)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since my dadwas a preacher and had to always put up his own signs, I had quite the laugh. Even though I could never see him putting this up, I actually think he'd get a chuckle out of it. (People need to lighten up a bit!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool stories!

    Congratulations for being a grandmother-to-be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I could almost sign the same text... (only changing the names of the countries visited)!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..