I'm supposed to name five things in my current life that I never dreamed would be in my future when I was 25 years old. Then I have to tag five other people who, hopefully, will do the same and report back! OK... let's go! (be warned, it's pretty boring)
Thinking back to when I was 25, I had been married for 4 years, I had emigrated to Canada and was living in Toronto, a very long way from my family in England.
- At 25, I couldn't imagine how my life would change with the responsibility of children, but OlderSon was born the following year, and YoungerSon followed a few years later. And I managed fine. My family has grown. I have two gorgeous daughters-in-law. A bouncy grandpuppy, two grandkitties and two grandhorses. And a beautiful grandbaby about to make his/her debut. Yippee!
- International travel was non-existent during my childhood, so I never throught I would see the wonderful places I have visited... Egypt, Israel, France, Greece, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, USA... the list goes on.
- I didn't imagine working for the same company until retirement, but I did.
- I certainly didn't envision having a computer of my own, or a fax machine, or a cell phone, or playing video games, or being able to communicate with people all over the world via the magic of the Internet.... all futuristic technology back in 1970.
- As children, my friends and I would wonder if we would be alive when 1999 turned into 2000. It seemed so far in the future. But here I am, I survived Y2K and I intend to stay around for quite a few more years.
I'm not tagging anyone to do this... if you want to take up the challenge , please do!