I've been puppysitting 5 month old Tessa while YoungerSon and The Bride enjoyed a skiing weekend.
I didn't know a puppy required so much equipment. The list included:
1. Padded Bed (for snoozing in the kitchen during the day)
2. Blanket for the Bed
3. Cage (for sleeping in the hall during the night)
4. One blanket inside the cage and another one to cover the cage
5. Folding puppy gates
6. Juicy beef knuckle bone for a special treat
7. Packet of lamb flavour doggy biscuits
8. Tupperware container of special Puppy dog food
9. Collar and leash
10. Generous handful of chew stix
11. Rawhide bone (she didn't like this much)
12. Tennis ball
13. Squeaky toy
14. Food dish and water dish
15. Bitter apple spray (to discourage chewing on the furniture)
16. Carpet cleaner spray (in case of accidents)
17. Puppy handling guide book
WOW. Worse than having a rambunctious toddler come to stay. But we had a great time. Lots of long energetic walks in the forest.
She ate all my plastic flower pots. The back yard closely resembles a Bill and Ben battle ground.
But she's so cute, how can anyone resist her???