We spent Friday at the Fair. A typical Ontario Fall Fair, this one has been in existence for the past 163 years.
Somehow I missed visiting the cow barn, so no pics of cows, but here's one of the alpacas. This fellow's name is Jingle.
And the baby piggies.... bacon sandwich, anyone?
A Lincoln Longwool..... aptly named. Handsome, isn't he?
Prizewinning pigeon. Lot's of colourful birds of all kinds, chickens, bantams, pigeons, and also rabbits...
... and of course, displays of farm machinery both old and new. The Space Cadet tries his hand at tree planting.
Scroll down to the bottom of the blog page and you'll see the countdown to The Wedding. 13 days to go! The Bride's getting nervous. The Groom seems to be reasonably calm so far, but there's plenty of time for that to change
Of course, there are a million last-minute tasks:
- Calligraphy for seating chart for the reception. DONE
- Sew buttons on Mother-of-the-Groom outfit. DONE
- Decide on jewellery to match Mother-of-the-Groom outfit.DONE
- Sew wrap to match Wedding Dress for the Bride. DONE
- Deliver the 3 tiers of Wedding cake to the cake icing lady Oct 9. DONE, pick the completed cake up on Thursday
- Order food for Wedding rehearsal dinner Oct 12. DONE
- Hair do. DONE
- Confirm hotel reservations. DONE
- Clean house ready for visiting wedding guests. NEVER ENDING JOB.
- Meet rellies from UK and Newfoundland at the Airport Oct 9. DONE
- Canadian Thanksgiving dinner with The Space Cadet's family Oct 8. DONE
- Canadian Thanksgiving dinner with my family Oct 10. DONE
- probably lots more stuff I haven't even thought of yet.......