Tuesday 3 June 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

OK, so that's a corny blog title, it's all I could think of!

Toronto Blue Jays vs. Kansas City Royals at the Rogers Centre.... formerly known as Skydome in Toronto. What a great way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon. Callum stayed with me overnight on Saturday, then we went downtown on the GO bus on Sunday morning, and met up with his dad outside the stadium. His mummy couldn't join us as she was busy moving her galloping steed to a new stable.
Luckily we had seats that were in the shade, as it can get pretty hot sitting in the sun for 3 hours. I don't know a lot about baseball stats but I love going to the games. The two chaps in full Blue Jays regalia sitting next to me talked sports for the whole game. I was listening in and learned quite a bit!
It was Blue Jays Cowboy Hat Giveaway Day. The first 20,000 people into the ball park got a cowboy hat (made in China, of course). We were a bit late getting to the park, but surprisingly there were still hats being given away. Last week was Blue Jay Jersey Giveaway Day. Next week it's Jose Reyes Bobblehead Day!

 Here's OlderSon and Callum giving me the Encarnation parrot-on-the-elbow salute.


I planned to do some sketching at the game, but Callum hijacked the sketch pad. This is Encarnation hitting his home run. He definitely looks pleased with himself.

Blue Jays won the game 4-0, as you can see on the scoreboard. Finally I go to a winning game! The last 2 games I was at, the Jays lost. Exciting home runs by Navarro and Encarnation. Winning pitcher was Mark Buehrle. Jays are currently on top of the A.L East with 34 wins and 24 losses.... keep it up, boys.
Go Jays Go!

9 comments:

  1. It must be the most fun to go to a "live" game with your son and Grandson...! It looks like it was very exciting...LOVE all those hats!
    And that is quite a Stadium...LOVE your pictures, my dear....I felt like I was there with you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Callum sure is taking after his artistic gma! That drawing is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very nice to see you again here, Sham. I've missed you. Nothing like a baseball game to sytart off June. It was a prerequisite that we go to at least one Braves game per year while in Atlanta. Otheprwise, I prefer watching the game on TV because you see more. I was always distracted by everything BUT the game. HA!

    That Callum sure is a great drawer. WOW! Make sure you keep that forever. Astrid was a catcher in her fast-pitch softball days, so she'd love the mitts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's something about a ball game ... although I think it's been 20 years since I went to one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow,It is a big ball game! I think you will be surprised to know....I have not seen live ball games in my life!!
    I like those all hats!So fun!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #19 is Jose Bautista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Callum draws an amazingly good catcher. If you hadn't told me it was a Blue Jays - Royals game, I would have sworn he had snuck into the stands at one of my fast-pitch softball games and drawn me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed with his sketch ability. Great captured action.
    Glad you had a good time at the game.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..