Saturday 19 November 2016

T.O.

It's known as T.O. Short for Toronto, Ontario. The Big Bad City.

I was in Toronto recently, visiting the Art Gallery of Ontario to view the current exhibition "Mystical Landscapes". Paintings by Claude Monet, Vincent Van Gogh, Georgia O'Keeffe, Edvard Munch, Paul Gaugin, James McNeil Whistler, Emily Carr, many more. Wonderful exhibition! Paintings by 37 artists from 14 countries, exploring the mystical experiences of a spiritual path to faith.
On the way, I stopped at Nathan Phillips Square in front of City Hall to admire the TORONTO sign. It was first put up for the Commonwealth Games held in Toronto in the summer of 2015, and was so popular that it's still there.


And I stopped on my way back too.... it lights up at night. And the colours are always changing.




After an exhausting afternoon admiring the works of Monet and Van Gogh and their painter friends, I was close to starving.... so there's nothing better than a bacon and cheese sausage on a bun, smothered with lots of onions and pickles and hot sauce from one of the street vendors on Queen Street. I sat on a bench and munched my sausage and watched the people climbing all over the TORONTO sign.


Then I caught the train home!

9 comments:

  1. I love the multi-cultural vibe of that city. The world lives there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a wonderful, wonderful (albeit tiring) day. Love that sign, and can see why it was retained.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you've almost convinced me to move to Toronto except I don't think I could afford it! But, we'll see what happens.

    Love the post. I can imagine the exhibition was wonderful and your nights shots are amazingly beautiful! That Toronto sign is magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that sounds like a really delightful trip. To see the masters works would be wonderful.
    Love the sign that lights up and yummm....street vendor food is the best!
    You made me laugh when you asked if God used Photoshop once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It has been a long time since we were in Toronto! Looks like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Toronto sign, and can understand why people wanted it to stay. I love the way you captured all the changing colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that you were satisfied with the exhibition of great painters and survived a very nice time. * Thank you visited me and said that you now after hip surgery no longer feel pain when walking. I hope that in my will. But I have to wait 10 more months. Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds you had a great time visiting the Art Gallery of Ontario to view the current exhibition "Mystical Landscapes!
    Love the Toronto sign!
    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..