Monday 9 November 2020

Seaton Trail

The Seaton Trail is located along the West Duffins Creek in Pickering, Ontario. It runs for 12.9 km (around 9 miles) from 3rd Concession Road near Brock Road northwest to Highway 7 at Green River. 

The trail follows historic hunting and fishing routes on the creek, used for centuries by aboriginal people. In pioneer times, the creek and valley became the site of several water powered mills. 

This last weekend was sunny and warm.... not typical November weather at all, and of course, lots of people were out walking, and many of them chose to walk the Seaton Trail. 

We parked at the village of Whitevale. From there, the trail heads both south and north. We decided to go southbound. I walked with my friend and her little dog on Saturday afternoon. Great opportunity for exercise, but no hope of seeing or hearing any wildlife due to the many weekend warriors out in full force. But we managed to log over 8200 steps, and I'd love to go again on a weekday when there aren't so many people out on the trail. Perhaps we'll try the northbound trail next.


8 comments:

  1. It looks like a wonderful, wonderful place to walk. We try and time our excursions for week days as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a beautiful trail and traveling both south and north would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love that ramshackled shack you captured.
    The walking place looks so inviting. Glad you could get out and get your steps in.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice trail to walk on, it's a beauty. I love the old shack, I wonder what stories it could tell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recreational areas were still busy here on a Monday. I was surprised when I drove by and kept on going. I probably would have stopped at one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have walked along this trail several times and also parked in Whitevale when I did so. Sadly, I hardly get out that way any more. There were several great birding spots in Durham Region that we used to favour, but getting across Toronto is such a hassle, we don't do it any more, other than when we go to visit my daughter in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..