Wednesday 15 May 2013

Just a Humble Cottage....

This humble unassuming little place started to go up a couple of years ago on a hillside with a fantastic view over the city of Toronto. On a fine day, you might be able to see the spray from Niagara Falls. But it would have to be a VERY fine day.

Who was it built for? Rumours were flying at top speed.

It was rumoured that it was to be a country home for Sir Elton John and David Furnish, just for use when they need to visit Toronto. But Sir Elton hasn't shown up yet. And he already owns at least five other homes around the world so why would he need another one?
Then there was a story that it belonged to a kingpin in the Russian Mafia. Nope. Nyet.
Then it was being built for an Italian millionaire. Who knows?

I just hope that if they have an Open House, I get invited.

11 comments:

  1. Well who ever it is for, it looks like someone has grand ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! It looks like an enormous Castle. I hope you are invited to see it, my dear....OR, at the very least, find out who it belongs to...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the house. It appears to have a widow's walk. Is it near the lake? Maybe it's for some shipping tycoon or captain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how much it costs just to maintain such a place. Whew! But I sure wouldn't mind popping in as an invited guest though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way too grand for me!!
    I guess there are those who have so much money that they can build when and where ever they desire.
    I was going to say that I would hate to clean it, but if I had it I would have enough money to have someone else do that.
    Okay, I guess I am a Reverse Snob.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Shammickite,
    Looks beautiful and calm place. The Castle is very charming in gray color. It is more attractive than colorful ones.
    Have a good day!
    Tomoko

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's cute but a little on the small side for my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And when you find out, PLEASE LET US KNOW. The intrigue thickens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If there is an open house, just crash the party. And get some pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. O wow what a great place. If it was build for Sir Elton John and he hasn't got the time to live there I would love to take his place

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..