Sunday 5 May 2013

Spring and a Piggy

Spring has well and truly sprung. The past three or four days have been glorious. Blue skies and warm sunshine, and I can actually watch the new buds on the trees developing into those lovely pale green baby leaves.
Yesterday I did all the things that I love to do on the first real weekend of spring weather. I went to an art show... didn't buy anything except a couple of greeting cards, but we certainly have some talented artists in the community. I had a sort out of all the "stuff" that accumulated in the garage over the winter, and swept out all the dirt. Nice and clean and organised now! Next job: a much needed clean up of the inside of my car!
And I visited a few neighbourhood yard sales.... love doing that on a sunny Saturday morning. I found a nice boating life jacket for Isaac for $2 (woohoo! Bargoon!), and came home with this sweet and very dusty little piggy.

He cost me all of 75cents, but I'm convinced that if I took him to the Antiques Road Show, I would find out that he's a fabulous and unique example of Southern Ontario Farm Folk Art and worth a fortune....... hmmm... well, maybe not! Probably made in China last week.

10 comments:

  1. Everything fresh and new and bright when those leaves come out isn't it, gives us hope for the summer to come (she says' fingers crossed). I reckon you had a bargain with the piggy, obviously worth a complete fortune...who cares about that, he's so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piggy is so cute! He'll look so cute in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That piggy is adorable...! And I think you should take it to Antiques Roadshow....It truly looks like a piece of ART, to me!

    Spring is my favorite Season of the year....! The Re-Newel of life is all around...And, it is all so pretty....!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Similar weather here but heading the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that little piggie! He could share my garden with me any time!
    Maggie x

    Nuts in May

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd buy that pig, too. HA! How can you not fall in love with such a soulful piece of art. Sounds like you had lots of fun rummaging around on a gorgeous day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, that pig is definitely going to pay for your retirement!

    OK, maybe not, but he is very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your "valuable antique" piggie. What a bargin for .75
    Glad Spring has finally sprung in you neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The weather has been incredible, but it seems to have ended as of this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute the piggy is! I’d like to have one like him. He’ll be a welcoming garden ornament surrounded by flowers and trees. Enjoy your May in the balmy breeze.

    Thanks for your visit. My first grandson (third grandchild) is 悠人: 悠 means both permanence and broad-minded, 人 person.

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..