Wednesday 8 October 2014

Markham Fair 2

Markham Fair guarantees something for everyone. On Thursday YoungerSon, The Bride and Isaac took in the Monster Truck races while I looked after the twins, and the family went again on Saturday to see the cows and horses and sheep. Lots of farm animals for the children to look at.

These piglets were a couple of weeks old. We tried not to think about pork chops or bacon'n'eggs as we walked by.
Wake me when it's dinner time.....

Everyone's favourite, the fluffy ducklings. I count 16! Or is it 17?

And not only farm animals some were a little more exotic.

The camel has a single hump;
The dromedary two;
Or else the other way around.
I'm never sure, are you?  -  Ogden Nash.



More pictures to come, or scroll down to previous post.

3 comments:

  1. We had a duck like that when I was a child. The winter before I was born (1962-63) was incredibly cold, so cold the sea froze over off Kent. My mum and dad were walking on the beach when they saw one of these ducks stuck in the ice. My dad refused to help it, so my mum, pregnant with me, walked out to save it. We had that duck for years, I remember her clearly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you. I also try not to think about pork chops or bacon now.Those ducklings bring me back to my child hood. I bought a little chick with my small allowance. It was exciting for me to think about the chick growing and playing with me, but the chick did not grow up in our garden. Nothing happened.

    I hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the little Ducklings---they are Soooo very dear, and I cannot get over how many there are! Love the Piglets, too....! Very Sweet pictures, my dear.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..