Monday 14 October 2019

A Walk in the Woods

With the sun shining and the sky a vivid blue, I decided to get some fresh air. There are not many of these lovely days left and the cold winter winds are not far away. We haven't had a real frost yet, although one is forecast for tonight.
So I walked though the nearby woods by the local reservoir. The sign says "No Pedestrians, Sensitive Environment" or words to that effect, but if I stick to the path I'll be OK.  I could hear the Canada Geese on the water, honking and flapping their wings. No geese pics.... the bulrushes were too tall and I didn't want to get my feet wet!




 And a big surprise.... art in the forest! Lovely idea.



16 comments:

  1. HOW I loved walking with you - and the painting on the tree was an unexpected additional treat. Yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not mine. A print of a sketch of a kitty being caressed by some wrinkled aged hands. I wonder who left it there!

      Delete
  2. That was a lovely walk. Forest walks are great to clear the cobwebs in one’s mind. That little artwork is lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely to be surrounded by the trees and the tall grasses. Calms the soul.

      Delete
  3. What an unusual find. Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I turned round when I got to the area where I saw the artwork. If I had gone further, I wonder if there were more.

      Delete
  4. Loved seeing the woods and the colors in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colours are spectacular. It's my favourite season.

      Delete
  5. It's a fine time of year for these little strolls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perhaps another walk tomorrow. The good weather seems here to stay for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What nice walks! I also can't keep still when it's too beautiful to stay indoors. The painting displayed on the tree fits the surrounding. Good idea. Maybe you’ll borrow the idea next time?

    Yoko

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good way to dispose of all the paintings that don't sell?

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. So nice to be surrounded with trees. But the trail has been closed for a while, I wasn't really supposed to be there, and was getting a bit overgrown.

      Delete
  9. Well I'm glad you did go on this walk Shammi, it's gorgeous and otherwise how is anybody going to see the art 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very strange to see that framed print hanging on the tree.... I may walk further on the trail next time to see if there are any more. It was obviously an old picture.

      Delete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..