Saturday 21 March 2020

Returning to Rook's Nest

Blogland hasn't heard from me for a while.... for many reasons that I won't go into now.... but here I am, ready to share photos and opinions and whatever pops into my head. I hope you missed me.

One of the creative groups that I belong to, the AAP Collective (FYI: AAP stands for Art Ain't Pretty!), has a show scheduled at our local Town Offices in April.  Sadly, like the rest of the world, all public buildings are currently closed so it looks like our show won't be going on. And even if it does, will anyone come to see it?
When we were planning the show, we decided that each artist would provide three pieces of art. The topics are 1: water. 2: boats. 3: what inspires our creativity.
This last one about creativity was to be installed in a 12" x 12" wooden box frame. Here's mine.


This features some of the ways I have embraced creativity in the past. Sketching, quilting, lino cut and printing, painting, calligraphy, gelli printing, stained glass. 
And now I am self-isolating at home, trying to keep myself from going bonkers in this very strange and worrying time, so I have plenty of time to create more art!

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm going to follow yours. I also have an art blog https://beautifulmetaphor.blogspot.com and you're welcome to enjoy there, and chime in!

    I'm making art for a couple of exhibits that might not happen. But I'll be ready anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reply. I looked at your art pages and I love your work, And do you really spin coffee filter paper? Amazing! I would love to learn to do work like that.

      Delete
  2. You have been missed and I do hope your absence was pleasurable.
    As an appreciator rather than a creator I really love your piece - and my fingers itch to feel the textures.
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, my absence was really due to difficulty in making a decision but now that pesky virus has put my life on hold! Stay safe.

      Delete
  3. I really do love your creativity Shammie.
    I have missed your blogposts and it's good to see you back here again.
    Bonkers is a good word for this time in our lives..
    Hang in there..I can't wait to see what your creative juices produce.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's an extraordinary time, I hope we never see the likes again. I'm trying to be creative but inspiration is hard to find right now.

      Delete
  4. It is great you have such a creative focus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of time for art now that I can't go anywhere!

      Delete
  5. I did miss you! I was hoping you were all right. Love your art, take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be posting more art soon.... when the inspiration strikes.

      Delete
  6. Welcome back! Nice creation of art, I like it.
    You'll have plenty of time to create during this crazy time.
    Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a good opportunity to experiment with whatever art materials I have on hand.

      Delete
  7. How lovely! And welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad to be back posting on the blog... you are all good friends that I have never met. I hope you all stay safe and we will get through this extraordinary time together.

      Delete
  8. I've come to the conclusion that creative people never run out of things to do, so we should be just fine self isolating. I haven't been out of the house at all for 2 weeks and I'm quite enjoying it so far!

    Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Joey: I've been at home for 10 days now too, but a little bit of anxiety is starting to creep in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did miss you Shammi, so happy to see you here and hope all is well with you ✨ I can't imagine anyone as creative as yourself being bored and am looking forward to seeing what artistic endeavours you create. Still not in lockdown it Perth but as you say, it's bound to happen.. those French doors of mine might get that coat of paint they need after all 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have a list of jobs that we have been meaning to do for the past couple of years (or more!) so now is the perfect time to get on with it! How's that for positive thinking????

      Delete
  11. Very creative.

    I'm social distancing, for the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an extraordinary time for us all. It takes a bit of getting used to!!!!

      Delete
  12. Oh, I do like this creation!

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..