Sunday 12 November 2023

Halifax Harbour

It was a grey day but no rain when I wandered along the Halifax waterfront.  The last time I was here was in 2000, the year that the Tall Ships Festival came to Halifax, and the waterfront was very different then, with tall ships from all over the world tied up at it's wharves.


Halifax Harbour is a large natural harbour on the Atlantic coast of Nova Scotia, Canada, located in the Halifax Regional Municipality. Halifax largely owes its existence to the harbour, being one of the largest and deepest ice-free natural harbours in the world.

9 comments:

  1. How I would love to see the Tall Ships...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Yes, me too, I wish I could have stayed longer than just the weekend. Oh well, maybe there will be another chance.

      Delete
  3. The Atlantic sounds very far away to me. I checked Halifax on a map. I like to stroll around waterfront.
    Thanks for your comment. I suppose your Maple is a bare tree by now while ours have just started changing colors at the sudden arrival of winter after too warm autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are right, no leaves at all on my Maple tree now. But no snow yet....

      Delete
  4. We walked that exact boardwalk just a few summers go! If I remember correctly, that is where we went to the Alexander Keith's brewery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep.... very close. I hope you had a cold one!

      Delete
  5. Looks chilly but beautiful at the same time. Wish I could visit the harbor.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a wonderful harbour to visit.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..