Tuesday 14 November 2023

SIX

 SIX... The Musical.  You would think that it would be difficult task to compose a musical entertainment about King Henry VIII's six wives. After all, it was a sad story for most of them. Divorced, beheaded, died, divorced, beheaded, survived. It was a short musical as musicals go.... only 80 minutes with no intermission... but the six wives sang and danced and were absolutely marvellous and full of delicious energy for the whole show.  I loved it!



The Royal Alexandra Theatre, commonly known as the Royal Alex, is an historic performing arts theatre located at 260 King Street West, in the downtown Toronto Entertainment District. There are 1,244 seats across three levels. Built in 1907, it's the oldest continuously operating legitimate theatre in North America.

7 comments:

  1. When/if it comes to my city I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That musical sounds like one I’d like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The six women who played the Queens were truly amazing and all were drop-dead gorgeous. I was a little concerned about Queen Katherine Howard's bouncy bosom.... looked like she almost lost it a couple of times!!

      Delete
  3. Musicals are not for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful theater. I haven't heard of this musical..what a fascinating premise to sing about. I do love musicals and when I worked a convention in Toronto a co-worker and I went to see Beauty and the Beast. I do believe it was in a smaller venue than this one but it was excellent. Never having been to Toronto before I have no idea where the taxi took us but it's all great memories from a long time ago..(in my "other life")
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled ... and came up with this info: Beauty and the Beast first played at the Princess of Wales theatre in Toronto in 1995. Was that when you went to see it?

      Delete
  5. Sounds different, as a source for a musical.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..