Back in May I found a tiny sunflower seedling had established itself in an abandoned flower pot, so I rescued it and transplanted it into my flower garden. Probably a single seed buried by treerats, er... squirrels, of which we have far too many.
Well, it grew and grew and grew. And it's still growing. Just how tall will it get?
A stormy day blew one of the sunflower heads against my window, so I could easily see the details of the spiral arrangement of the seeds. The Fibonacci Sequence.... a.k.a. Nature's Golden Ratio.
This visitor to my sunflower wasn't at all concerned about the spiral of the seeds, he (or she) was concentrating on a shopping trip to collect nectar and pollen.

That's a tall sunflower.
ReplyDeleteI really like the closeup photo
ReplyDeleteHoly moly, that's a big one! Beautiful, though.
ReplyDeleteThat is a determined sunflower!
ReplyDeleteOh I love this. That sunflower is so tall and beautiful and healthy. It appears to be quite happy in that location.
ReplyDeleteNo stopping it now!
ReplyDeleteThat is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAmazing nature!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful hiiiiiiigh Sunflower !
ReplyDeleteHave a shinny day !
Anna
What a bonus! It’s amazing what an errant seed can do. I always think sunflowers were aptly named; they really do seem like a burst of sunshine. I have vivid memories of huge fields of them in southern France where they are grown as a commercial crop.
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous :-D
ReplyDeleteWow! What a stunning plant! Great photos too.
ReplyDeleteSunflowers will not be ignored, ha. A beaut.
ReplyDelete