Saturday 16 July 2011

Sum Math 4 U

Take the last two digits of your year of birth, add the age that you will be this year on your 2011 birthday, and the result will be 111.... but as always, there are a couple of exceptions to the rule.

This only works if you were born between 1900 - 1999, that includes most of us, but for kids born in 2000 or later, the result will be 11, and for the real oldies out there.... if you were born between 1800 - 1899, your result will be 211.

Don't ask me how it works, I'm clueless, I scraped by my math exams by the skin of my teeth.

9 comments:

  1. I am always mystified by how these things can possibly work, but NEVER understand how! LOL! So, here is another one....Thanks, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! that's amazing...I was never any good at maths, but managed to follow your instructions and guess what....I got 111 - thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked that sentence about the diapers – it must have been written by someone who took English as a second language… Math is a language I do not speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing mystical. It works because we are now in a new century. If everyone takes their age up to the year 2000 and adds the last 2 digits of the year of their birth it comes to 100. Then you add on the additional 11 years since 2000, and voila, everyone is 111.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These things always stump me. but then, I have to count on my fingers beyond anything more than 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - I just did the calculations and it is indeed 111. Isnt that amazing! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  7. People like Dogbait aren't fair! :) These things always amaze me, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you're right it does work, very interesting,

    Gill

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..