Tuesday 1 September 2020

September!

 It's September! Where did August go?

I have been a very bad blog member since July but I am mending my ways and renewing my blogging starting today. (You may have heard that from me previously....)   Looks like I am using the 'new" blogger.... well, I'll see if I like it. I wonder if there is any way to get back to the "old" blogger? Let me know if you've done it.

Our local male voice choir, the Men of Note, had to cancel all their concerts since March and haven't had an opportunity to rehearse due to the coronavirus lockdown, but recently they have been able to meet in a member's back yard and practice some of their numbers. Singing indoors is banned at the moment, but the choir have been able to perform on Saturday mornings in July at the local Farmers Market. Everyone spaced at the required safe distance, and wearing masks or face shields, of course. And well away from the public too.

I made sure I was there last Saturday to hear them.... but they weren't there. ONE PERSON has complained that it was unsafe to sing in a public place, despite the masks and the 2 meter spacing and the sanitizer, and the choir has been shut down.

It amazes me that ONE PERSON can have such an impact on something that brought joy to so many. I hope that the choir will be singing next week after some negotiations. We'll see.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes one person can be a bad apple.

    I've been short of time since Covid, so I haven't been able to keep up with blog reading as much as before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In these times, nothing surprises me. Everyone has an opinion these days too and they don’t mind expressing it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FEAR and Panic sure can put a monkey wrench into our lives at the moment.
    I certainly hope you can get back to singing Outside again.
    Missed your blogging..good to see you back.
    I absolutely agree with you and your comment on my blog..
    He is one UGLY dog but I think he made a great black and white picture.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have reverted back to old blogger - by checking the return to 'legacy blogger' on the side bar.
    Sadly, one noisy voice is often enough. I am sorry for all those who have had their pleasure diminished by that lone ranger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame that one grumpy person can spoil the enjoyment of so many people - it's not like precautions were not being taken.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are ignorant people about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a pity they had to stop.
    I'm still using the old version of blogger, you can revert back to it in your settings at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always one awkward ignoramus isn't there, hope the choir can sing again soon. Shammi as Bill said above you can revert to old blogger simple by pressing the revert button on the left hand side, look all the way down and you'll see it there, I pressed it quicker than you can blink 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. It really is quite sad that a single person can have that kind of impact and ruin the pleasure of so many - performers and audience alike.

    ReplyDelete

All comments welcome.... unless your name is Anonymous..